Venetian Plaster & Faux Painting Classes
I have had the pleasure of personally training students from around the world with homeowners that wanted to learn decorative finishes for their own home, Tappers that work for drywall companies that already have experience working with some of the tools and professional artisans that want to advance their skills with unique high-end Faux Painting & Venetian Plaster Finishes.
Faux Painting Classes & Venetian Plaster Classes
Our plaster classes cover everything you need to know about this finish. You can learn from experts who have been a part of this industry for a long time and understand how to create the best finishes. Here’s a look at what’s included in our faux painting classes:
- Preparation – This topic will help you understand how to prepare the surface, and which tools and materials you need. Without the right preparation, you will only end up making several mistakes during the application process.
- Hands-on Training – Faux Finishing & Venetian Plastering is just like any other art form. It requires hands-on experience and training more than theoretical knowledge.
- Faux Finishing – This topic includes how to use paint and glaze to create different effects on the surface. You can replicate the appearance of marble, leather, wood, suede, and other such materials.
- Venetian Plastering – We teach you how to apply different layers of plaster to create depth and dimension while making sure the material stays on the wall. The plastering process requires a careful hand and proper technique. The surface can be buffed to create a glass-like finish.
- Custom Textures – We'll teach you various custom hand finish textures with Venetian plaster and drywall mud for faux painting finishes.
These finishes are very elegant and at the end of your classes you will leave with a lot of knowledge and be ready to apply the finishes for your own home or clients.
We do not work with Venetian plaster from Lowe's or Home Depot, the products you will be working with are imported from Italy and it is lime-based.
The classes will also include details on creating samples, polishing plastered surfaces, stenciling, color washing, and working with metallic paints or waxes. All of these techniques will help you develop your own distinct style.
Our Venetian plaster and faux painting classes are suitable for amateurs and professionals. You don’t need to have any background experience in this field to learn these techniques.
If you want to know more about our Venetian Plastering & Faux Finishing services please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
You can contact us through our online form or call us at 239-264-8404. We look forward to earning your business.